Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not a Snow Bird!

Anyone who knows me also knows that I do not like cold weather.  When most people are happy to bring out their winter sweaters and coats at the end of fall I am whining about it.  I don't like hats, scarves and gloves.  Large amounts of snow give me anxiety.  Don't like skiing, sledding, or ice skating.  Give me 90 degrees anyday.  I even love summer clothing.  This past week I got to get out some of my summer things and get them ready.

So it is with great pleasure that Jerry and I leave tomorrow for Florida.  Although I am not a huge Florida fan I do love my Phillies - off to spring training camp we go.  And, it will be warm.  Tomorrow it is suppose to be 69 but the rest of the time we are there it will be 75-80.  I will be in my element.  See everyone when we get back.  If I could stay I would but them I would not have my wonderful family with me and that I could not stand - so for now I tolerate the winter.

I am wondering what Kaydence will think - us gone so long.  She is so used to us being there every day.  She doesn't like it when I stay after work to teach a cbe class.  The next morning she says - Nan, you were not at the table for dinner.

Last weekend when I taught my workshop and didn't get home until after she was in bed Saturday and Sunday she said on Monday - Now Nan, that class was just too long.  Oh, the wonderful mind of a three year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment